Software Development Team Leader
Position Ref: SDTLBUL0619BW
September 1, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation employing over 4,000 people and deliver an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
We are passionate about our brand, our product, customers and employees and want to meet highly motivated individuals who share our vision and passion.
We are looking for a Software Development Team Leader to join the expanding Gaming Development team at our offices based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The role’s focus is on the products operated by the Gaming Development team: web, mobile, content management and back office tools for Casino, Games, Poker, Bingo, Vegas and Slots. The primary technology stack is Microsoft, specifically the .NET Framework and SQL Server; however other commercial and open source technologies and tools play a crucial role.
Software Development Team Leaders at bet365 have the experience and talent required to deliver efficient, scalable, enterprise class software solutions. You will thrive in a fast moving and technologically innovative environment. Leading a team of skilled technology professionals, you will enjoy working closely with others and be able to share your own skills and experience as well as capitalise on the experience of your peers.
• Understanding of both business and technical requirements of work items allocated to the team.
• Leading the team along with technical leadership in determining work requirements and estimates.
• Ensuring that the delivery of change in your area is coordinated, planned and well communicated with all of your touch points.
• Having a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Actively planning and tracking works as prioritised by the product, project and development management. Ensure clarity of expectations by spending regular time reviewing work and understanding with each team member and ensure work flows through the SDLC in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring resource plans are created and maintained to aid the ability to plan and prioritise appropriately.
• Applying active governance around rules, standards and processes within the team; reviewing the teams’ adherence and output consistently; ensure governance around external, regulatory based process and requirements as well as internal process governance.
• Ensuring standards of work are at a high level at all times and where appropriate communicate directly with team members where they need to improve and escalate any issues or concerns to your line manager.
• Liaising with Design, Build and Release, Test, Management, Product and IT Production teams to ensure integration and releases are well coordinated and carried out accurately.
• Recognising and understanding the capability within the team to enable effective allocation of works and appropriate risk and resource management.
• Being a point of escalation for issues within the team, making sure you are open and available for the team, taking ownership of issues raised to you.
• Carrying out a mentoring and coaching role to other team members in order to assist in their development.
• Being an active communicator both within and outside the team dealing with internal departments as well as external companies where required.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
• Technical background with previous experience in a developer/senior developer role.
• Previous experience in a Team Lead role.
• Experience with SDLC, both Waterfall and Agile.
• Ability to motivate and navigate the team, remove blockers, obtain information for both technical and product issues in a complex, dynamic environment and provide competitive estimations and plans or satisfy fixed regulatory deadlines.
• Stakeholder management.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels; stakeholder management.
• Ability to coach, mentor, set goals and perform appraisals.
• Ability to remain calm when under pressure.
• Commitment with a can do attitude.
• Well organised with ability to manage priorities in a dynamic environment.
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
• Experience within the online gambling industry.
• Experience with JIRA, .NET Framework, SQL Server will be considered as an advantage.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLBUL0619BW to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or BulgariaEOOD.HumanResourcesMailbox@bet365.com Alternatively you can click the link to apply.