Software Developers, Customer Messaging
Position Ref: SDCM0618BW
July 13, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 19 languages.
We are forming a brand new full stack, multi disciplined team in Manchester to undertake development of a customer interaction project within the CRM space. We are seeking Software Developers to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family who are capable of working at scale in a range of Open Source and Microsoft technologies.
This is an exciting greenfield development programme where the technologies sit outside of what we have previously recruited for in Manchester. While experience of a .NET based stack would be advantageous, it is not essential as the stack will consist of a Web client supported by Go services and a PostgreSQL database, all hosted on Linux. Candidates with a range of experience and the ability to apply it in new technology will be particularly suitable for the role.
You will be joining a team of bright, enthusiastic developers who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge, with the opportunity to help us to continue to lead way within this exciting and innovative industry.
• Delivering software with a focus in quality, efficiency and speed to market.
• Working within a pragmatic, delivery focused cross functional team.
• Making best use of technology and learning new skills as required.
• Developing a strong understanding of business needs and playing a part in determining how these needs are met.
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• .Net, Java or in a similar Object Orientated Programming language.
• Service development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
• A range of RDBMS – PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Maria DB.
• Ability to develope low latency, highly available, performant and scalable solutions.
• CI, Unit Testing, Build and Release configuration in a large, fast paced and commercially focused development team.
• Passionate about software development and technology.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• Functional programming (such as Go, Erlang, Haskell, F#, or Scala).
• Typescript, Vue.js, React.js.
• Delivering software using agile practises.
• Providing On Call support live software on a rostered 24/7 basis.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDCM0618BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.