Software Developer, Sports Back Office
Position Ref: SDSBO1118BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Back Office development team is seeking a passionate Software Developer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Back Office team is responsible for enhancing and supporting a diverse suite of applications that are core to the operating and trading of the bet365 sport systems.
As a Software Developer you will deliver high quality code, assist in the analysis and estimation of work items, whilst being exposed to enterprise scale architectures and processes that are geared towards quality and delivery.
You will be joining a team of bright, enthusiastic developers who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge, with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Commercial VB.NET WinForms experience (framework 2.0 or later).
• C# will be considered but the position is primarily VB orientated and you need to be aware and comfortable with this.
• Commercial MS SQL Server experience (2000 or later).
• Self-motivated and delivery orientated in a fast paced environment.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Strong team player.
• Solid understanding of Windows and Office applications.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• A degree in a Computer Science discipline or relevant discipline/Microsoft Certified.
• VB6 development and migration to .NET platform.
• Jira Issue Management.
• AccuRev version control.
• A keen interest in sport.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.