Software Developer, Core Systems
Position Ref: SDCS0319BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
April 19, 2019
bet365, one the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Core Systems team is looking for Software Developers to work at our offices based in Staffordshire and Central Manchester.
The Core Systems team is vital to the continued success of the business. Responsible for developing and supporting a growing number of critical systems, you will be working alongside some of the best developers in the industry and will receive exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as having the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
• Good database application programming.
• Creation of concurrent distributed components.
• Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• High standard of work and attention to detail.
• Problem solving ability.
• Strong academic background, ideally with a BSc/MSc IT related degree and relevant A levels or equivalent.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Working in an environment with high volumes of transactions.
• Any exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala, or Go).
• Experience of distributed/grid computing.
• Complex event process/continuous query languages.
• Web development experience.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.