Software Architect, Content and Customer Messaging
Position Ref: SACACM1118BW
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Content and Customer Messaging teams are seeking an experienced, talented and committed Software Architect to work at our office based in Central Manchester.
The Sports Content and Customer Messaging teams build large scale highly available systems responsible for handling customer communication, from email to real time live chat and websites driven by a bespoke content management system. Upcoming projects will see us tackle major rewrites of critical business systems using modern tools and techniques.
You will be joining a team of bright and enthusiastic technologists who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
• Working with other Software Architects and senior management across the Company to form and progress the technical strategy of the business.
• Representing the Customer Messaging and Sports Content teams in departmental Architectural discussions ensuring that the needs and obligations of the team are understood.
• Working with the teams’ Systems Development Manager, Technical and Team Leads and Software Developers to continually develop and improved the architecture of the products owned and developer by the team.
• Designing and agreeing system and software architecture solutions in line with the technical strategy of the business.
• Contributing to discussions regarding best fit technologies, approach and tools.
• Providing guidance and mentoring to Technical Leads and Software Developers.
• Performing root cause analysis on areas where there are recurrent issues ensuring lessons are learnt and improvements made.
• De risking technical change by completing or commissioning Proofs of Concept (PoC) and providing the appropriate handover for implementation.
• Proactively reviewing and ensuring performance of live systems.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
Experience in one or more of the following architectures:
• Distributed systems architecture
• High throughput, low latency systems
• Highly available/multiple data centre systems
• Multiple delivery data centre systems
• Multiple delivery platforms
• Functional/immutable data models
• Container/cloud based platforms
Working on large scale systems using object orientated frameworks as well as functional languages suited to high concurrency systems, such as:
• .Net framework – C#, MVC
• Relational Databases – PostgreSQL and MSSQL
• NoSQL Databases – RIAK
• Elastic Search
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.