Service Delivery Technical Lead
Position Ref: SDTL1218BW
January 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Service Delivery Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Services Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• Ensuring new production solutions and services are designed and delivered in accordance with Infrastructure department standards against a schedule that supports the Project Delivery Lifecycle and the Operational Readiness process.
• Reviewing solution designs on a regular basis with the service owners to ensure all documentation and monitoring configuration is fit for purpose and to identify areas for improvement via process changes, automation or other means.
You will be expected to build effective working relationships with managers and Technical Leads across Infrastructure and Development, and facilitate meetings to produce draft technical designs that will be used by Technical Authors to produce formal technical design documents (TDGs).
• Reviewing proposed or recent production changes that have a knock on effect on support documentation and monitoring.
• Working closely with all Technical Leads to agree solution requirements.
• Working with Service Asset and Change Management to align solution design/reviewing activities with Service Catalogue and CMDB.
• Assessing solution designs to highlight single points of failure and critical dependencies.
• Ensuring all process documentation is up to date and fit for purpose.
• Ensuring adherence to agreed change control processes for internal and external stakeholders.
• Reviewing and improving existing standards and processes.
• Always seeking to increase efficiency via automation or manual tasks, reduce complexity and make recommendations to improve customer experience.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
• Self motivation and well organised.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Good technical documentation skills.
• A flexible hands on, can do attitude towards work.
• High attention to detail.
• Knowledge of bet365 Infrastructure technologies of choice.
• Experience using Microsoft Visio.
• Comfortable participating in cross functional meetings and working teams.
• Capable of striking a balance between facilitating review meetings diplomatically whilst also enforcing adherence to existing standards.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th January 2019
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTL1218BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.