Senior Software Developer, Core Systems
Position Ref: SSDCS0718BW
August 17, 2018
bet365, one the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Core Systems team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to work at our offices based in Staffordshire.
The Core Systems team is vital to the continued success of the business, having responsibility for developing and supporting a growing number of critical systems. You will be working alongside some of the best developers in the industry and will receive exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as having the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hard working and delivery focused company ethos.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Extensive commercial development experience.
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Distributed systems.
• Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
• Good database application programming.
• Creation of concurrent distributed components.
• Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Strong academic background, ideally with a BSc/MSc IT related degree and relevant A levels.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Exposure to functional programming (Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala, or GO).
• Distributed cashing/memory clouds/no SQL databases.
• Exposure to distributed/grid computing.
• Complex event processing/continuous query languages.
• Web development.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
• Delivery focus.
• Problem solving ability.
• Self motivation.
• Proactivity and willingness to contribute to ideas.
• Attention to detail delivering high standards of work.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SSDCS0718BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.