Senior Management Information Systems Developer, Regulatory
Position Ref: SMISDR1218BW
January 25, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is looking for a Senior Management Information Systems Developer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
A crucial requirement of all regulated gambling markets is the provision of data to regulators and other third parties. The Management Information Systems Regulatory team is responsible for building and maintaining real time and batch regulatory submission and reporting systems that service this requirement. The semantics of third party reporting requirements often result in extremely complex business logic to transform bet365 data models to those of the regulators. These systems are currently implemented in SQL Server, C# windows and web services and SSRS reports.
Under the direction of the technical Team Leader you will be assisting in the design and build of scalable, performant and flexible systems. This will include briefing developers and providing technical oversight and governance of significant MIS regulatory work, as well as hands on systems development. Given the critical importance of the regulatory function that these systems perform, you will have an exceptional level of attention to detail and a highly tuned comprehension and retention of very complex requirements.
• Taking a lead role in the design, development, and maintenance of data centric solutions to satisfy varied regulatory data centric problems, principally utilising SQL Server and C#.
• Providing technical direction and governance in conjunction with the Team Leader to ensure the very best design and implementation practices are adhered to across the team.
• Assisting in the mentoring and development of developers.
• Becoming a subject matter expert on all aspects of MIS regulatory submissions including technical and systemic knowledge, relevant regulatory comprehension, bet365 product data models and how these map to regulators’ models.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Substantial commercial database and development experience.
• Advanced T-SQL and execution plan analysis skills.
• Writing C# windows servicers and/or web services.
• Excellent ability to translate complex business requirements into robust solutions.
• Extremely methodical with a high attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring, query tuning and SQL Server internals.
• Relish development and support of highly complex mission critical software.
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a continually changing, reactive environment.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Software development experience within the gambling industry.
• Experience of writing SSRS reports.
• Building systems to meet exacting regulatory requirements.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.