Senior Application Delivery Engineer
Position Ref: SADE0519BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
June 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Application Delivery team is looking for a Senior Application Delivery Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Application Delivery team is responsible for the delivery, administration, maintenance and continual service improvement of internal line of business services and applications to the bet365 workforce. The team provides engineering services for a wide range of highly available technology platforms which underpin the delivery of back office services and applications.
A core focus of the role is maintaining our virtualised applications and desktop stacks across multiple sites, both in the UK and abroad, and delivery of a hosted desktop infrastructure to remote workers. The role includes design, troubleshooting, maintenance and capacity planning across the Application Delivery team managed services.
If you are looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment with the responsibilities of a Senior Engineering position, then this is the role for you.
• Planning and delivering complex system upgrades and maintenance programs.
• Analysing services and making service improvement recommendations.
• Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms within the remit of the team.
• Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems.
• Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoring services within expected timescales.
• Contributing to a problem analysis investigation role.
• Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholder when handling escalated incidents or issues.
• Creating and maintaining documentation including systems, configuration, processes, test and project plans.
• Performance optimisation analysis and tuning.
• Providing technical guidance and support to the 2nd line support teams.
• Mentoring team members.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience and knowledge of application virtualisation technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and AppSense.
• PowerShell scripting.
• Working on highly available large scale enterprise platforms.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Linux operating systems.
• Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience of troubleshooting production system issues.
• Understanding of Network Load Balancers, LANs and Firewalls.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work independently, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience of delivering structured technical projects.
• Ability to create cohesive and accurate technical documentation.
• Ability to present and communicate technical ideas to senior business stakeholders.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Practical experience in a similar role within a medium to large environment.
• Experience and knowledge of hypervisor technologies.
• Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
• Holder of relevant industry recognised qualifications.
• Understanding of ITIL principles.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SADE0519BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.