Production Release Engineer
Position Ref: PRENG0119BW
February 8, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Production Release Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Release team is responsible for executing and monitoring releases to the route to live and production environments rectifying issues where possible and/or escalating to the appropriate development teams. These include deployments of windows services/applications/webapps to Windows servers, various deployments to Linux based systems and internal tools via App-V/Citrix. The Production Release team also complete app install provisioning new services/servers as part of the infrastructure build pipeline.
• Validating build packages and has keys as provided by the build team and deploy to pre production classified systems which will include ACM tool usage and package handover.
• Ensuring day to day releases to the production environment upon authorisation.
• Performing post release consistency checks.
• Completing change control procedures and accurate recording of releases.
• Invoking roll back processes upon request from authoriser.
• Verifying operation state before performing releases.
• Participating in on call service for bug fixes and roll backs.
• Maintaining web farms and synchronisation activity in conjunction with rollback requirements.
• Processing reviews to identify areas for improvement and greater efficiency in the deployment and rollback of release packages.
• Operational activities with the release package requirements and liaising with IT Operational staff.
• BCM considerations and verification that releases do not break localisations.
• Applying active governance around overall design, quality, and technical standards.
• Actively communicating on technical issues and solutions both within the team and outside as well as to external parties where required.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience working in release/deployment function.
• Continuous Integration.
• Commercial experience of Version Control Software, Git, Mercurial, TFS, SVN etc.
• Commercial experience with a scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby, Powershell andCScript.
• Good working knowledge of Remedy.
• Good working knowledge of TSQL.
• Change control and governance.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Degree level qualifications in a technology related subject or relevant professional experience.
• Automating infrastructure and infrastructure solutions at scale.
• Exposure to or certification in ITIL/ISEB/TOGAF.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SWL Server.
• .Net C# preferably but VB.NET considered.
• Working with build tools such as Nant, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, TFS, Team-City, CruiseControl.net, Hudson etc.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference PRENG0119BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ