Production Database Team Leader
Position Ref: PDTLM0219BW
March 22, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Production Database team is looking for a Production Database Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Database team is responsible for supporting multiple database technologies and multiple environments ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and security.
• Ensuring that key responsibilities and staffing levels are effectively managed whilst driving improvements.
• Managing staff, which could include assisting with the interview process, motivation, performance management, regular 1-2-1’s, objective alignment and skills development.
• Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained through a skills matrix.
• Measuring, managing and maintaining momentum of delivery activity.
• Ensuring resource levels are managed to deliver the business demands.
• Transitioning new releases and projects, supporting deliverables successfully into production.
• Playing a key role in the handover of managed works deliverables into operational routines.
• Proactively planning with IT project managers for all projects which require Production Database support.
• Liaising between other departmental units requiring Product Database assistance to complete managed works including escalation and resolution for managed work issues and risks.
• Maintaining and improving delivery methods and processes.
• Facilitating stakeholder management and progress reporting.
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Technically strong knowledge of SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases.
• Self motivation with drive to succeed and desire to progress to a management path.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Good organisation skills with effective time management, people management, conflict resolution, task allocation, delegation and risk management.
• Effective communication both written and verbally in technical and non technical subjects both to a technical and business audience.
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff.
• Pragmatic approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and deliver solutions.
• Strong presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• NoSQL experience such as RIAK.
• Exposure to Linux based environments.
• Jira software.
• Remedy 9 software.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.