Production Database Administrator
Position Ref: PDA0319BW
April 5, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for Production Database Administrators to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Database team is responsible for supporting bet365 databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and performance.
• Maintaining day to day availability of all database servers ensuring high performance and availability of the databases that support the business systems in a true 24/7 environment.
• Maintaining QA of all UAT and production database releases ensuring bet365 standards are followed, deploying fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, and driving all requests through the process to completion taking end to end ownership.
• Following and improving internal processes to ensure accurate and consistent database processes are carried out for production database requests with support for operational deployments, business intelligence and analytical reporting requirements
• Contributing to implementation of and maintaining a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring ensuring that both software and hardware KPIs are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
• Responding to and resolving ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requests.
• Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting of activity and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management enabling a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
• Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining a backup strategy for databases.
• Setting up, upgrading and installing all database servers ensuring that the correct hardware configuration, covering disk and storage requirements are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
• Setting up and managing database security, ensuring that the correct production policies are adhered to, with review in line with Company or regulatory procedures.
• Contributing to future methods/technologies employed by bet365 for varying levels of continuity.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience of the following database technologies; SQL Server, RIAK.
• SQL Server high availability features including replication, CDC, extended events and logshipping.
• Windows failover clustering and Powershell.
• Large databases in a high concurrency and high throughput environment.
• Systems in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
• Strong performance monitoring and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
• Commercial experience within IT Infrastructure and Database Management.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables, with high attention to detail.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• NoSQL experience such as RIAK.
• Exposure to Linux based environments.
• Jira software
• Remedy 9 software.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.