Production Database Administrator
Position Ref: PDA0518BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
July 6, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for Production Database Administrators to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at either our offices based in Manchester or Stoke.
The Production Database team is responsible for supporting bet365 databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and performance.
• Responsible for day to day availability of all database servers ensuring high performance and availability of the databases that support the business systems in a true 24/7 environment.
• Responsible for QA of all UAT and production database releases ensuring bet365 standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the process to completion taking end to end ownership.
• Following and improving internal processes to ensure accurate and consistent database processes are carried out for production database requests with support for operational deployments, business intelligence and analytical reporting requirements
• Contributing to implementation of and maintenance of a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring to ensure that both software and hardware KPIs are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
• Responding to and resolving ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requests.
• Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting of activity and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management to enable a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
• Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining a backup strategy for databases.
• Setting up, upgrading and installing all database servers ensuring that the correct hardware configurations, covering disk and storage requirements, are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
• Setting up and managing database security, ensuring that the correct production policies are adhered to, with review in line with Company or regulatory procedures.
• Contributing to future methods/technologies employed by bet365 for varying levels of continuity.
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• High level of energy and persuasion skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
• Commercial experience within IT Infrastructure and Database Management.
• Commercial experience of the following database technologies; SQL Server, RIAK.
• SQL Server high availability features including replication, CDC, extended events and logshipping.
• Windows failover clustering and Powershell.
• MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle database technologies.
• Large databases in a high concurrency and high throughput environment.
• Systems in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference PDA0518BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.