Position Ref: OPENGMAN0419BW
May 24, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The IT Operations team is looking for an Operations Engineer to join this vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Central Manchester
The IT Operations team is focused on providing support and proactive monitoring for the Production IT service, comprising all customer facing products and critical internal business systems.
You will be monitoring the performance and capacity of the IT Infrastructure including response, investigation, escalation and resolution of incidents and changes affecting the business.
• Working alongside the Stoke on Trent based 24/7 NOC (Networks Operation Centre) to provide cover during core business hours.
• Proactively monitoring key infrastructure and critical internal business systems serving all customer facing products.
• Remaining vigilant to early warnings raised via the Nimsoft alarm console and critical product dashboards.
• Immediately responding and effectively handling alerts in accordance with written processes and policies.
• Being first point of contact for website and infrastructure affecting issues.
• Invocating IRPs (Incident Response Plans) and SCPs (Service Continuity Plans) in response to service outages to restore service in line with appropriate RTO (Recovery Time Objective).
• Ensuring service affecting incidents are escalated to the IT Operations management team and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Responsible for accurately recording events and notifying key stakeholders during major incidents.
• Operating as liaison between infrastructure teams and other facets of the business.
• Measuring impact of systems, policy or procedural change to provide prompt and accurate feedback.
• Scheduling and coordination of planned maintenance.
• Facilitating change requests, maintenance and release activity via disablement, enablement, retraction and re advertisement of services.
• Communicating with stakeholders at key times to ensure work is proceeding according to the agreed schedule.
• Escalating to the IT Operations management team in the event that work is delayed or does not go according to plan.
• Policing the change window in accordance with Change Management policy and defined release restrictions.
• Checking for scheduling clashes for all high risk changes.
• Logging incidents and change requests via the Remedy ticketing system.
• Effectively triaging alerts and incidents to the relevant specialists’ teams for troubleshooting and investigation.
• Conducting scheduled checks of critical systems as per the IT Operations Daily Task Checklist.
• Ensuring production systems are operating as expected within tolerances.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Ability to make and act on decisions when under pressure.
• Proactive approach.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail.
• IT experience in a similar role.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Self managed with ability to work unsupervised.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Quick learner with a willingness to learn new skills.
Desired Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Working knowledge of Cisco network switches.
• Experience working with Windows Server and Linux.
• Understanding of Network Load Balancers.
• ITIL certification.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.