Position Ref: OPENG1218BW
January 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The IT Operations team is looking for an Operations Engineer to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
The IT Operations team is focused on providing support and proactive monitoring for the Production IT service, comprising all customer facing products and critical internal business systems.
• Proactively monitoring key infrastructure and critical internal business systems serving all customer facing products.
• Remaining vigilant to early warnings raised via the Nimsoft alarm console and critical product dashboards in the 24/7 NOC (Networks Operations Centre).
• Immediately responding and effectively handling alerts in accordance with the written processes and policies.
• Being the first point of contact for website and infrastructure affecting issues.
• Invocations of IRP’s (Incident Response Plans) and SCP’s (Service Continuity Plans) in response to service outages to restore service in line with the appropriate RTO (Recovery Time Objective).
• Ensuring that service affecting incidents are escalated to the IT Operations management team and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
• BAccurately recording events and notifying key stakeholders during a major incident.
• Operating as the liaison between infrastructure teams and other facets of the business.
• Measuring the impact of systems, policy or procedural change to provide prompt and accurate feedback.
• Scheduling and coordination of planned maintenance.
• Facilitating change requests, maintenance and release activity via the disablement, enablement, retraction and re advertisement of services.
• Communicating with stakeholders at key times to ensure that work is proceeding according to the agreed schedule.
• Escalating to the IT Operations management team in the event that work is delayed or doesn’t go according to plan.
• Policing the change window in accordance with the Change Management policy and defined release restrictions.
• Checking for scheduling clashes for all high risk changes.
• Logging incidents and change requests via the Remedy ticketing system.
• Effectively triaging alerts and incidents to the relevant specialist teams for troubleshooting and investigation.
• Conducting scheduled checks of critical systems as per the IT Operations Daily Task Checklist.
• Ensuring production systems are operating as expected within tolerances.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Ability to make and act on decisions when under pressure.
• Proactive approach.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail.
• IT experience in a similar role.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Self managed with ability to work unsupervised.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Quick learner with a willingness to learn new skills.
Desired Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Working knowledge of Cisco network switches.
• Experience working with Windows Server and Linux.
• Understanding of Network Load Balancers.
• ITIL certification.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference OPENG1218HT. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.