Position Ref: OPENG0719BW
August 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The IT Operations team is looking for an Operations Engineer to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
The IT Operations team is focused on providing support and proactive monitoring for the Production IT service, comprising all customer facing products and critical internal business systems.
• Maintaining vigilance to early warnings raised through the monitoring wall and alarm console.
• Ensuring service affecting incidents are escalated to the Senior Operations Engineer, Team Leader or IT Operations Manager.
• Acting upon alerts raised both immediately and effectively.
• Following agreed processes and policies when handling alerts.
• Ensuring production systems are functioning correctly via the completion of the IT Operations daily checklist.
• Ensuring managers identified in the VIP lists are made aware of business affecting incidents.
• Logging change requests and incidents in the Remedy system.
• Performing the technical review and first level of sign off for all change requests raised in Remedy by members of the IT Operations team.
• Measuring the impact of system, policy or procedural change and providing prompt and accurate feedback.
• Checking for scheduling clashes for all risk level 4 and 5 changes
• Coordinating planned maintenance work.
• Disabling, enabling, retracting and re advertising services to facilitate planned maintenance.
• Communicating with stakeholders at key times to ensure that work is proceeding according to the agreed schedule.
• Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholders when handling escalated issues.
• Working as first point of contact for Operational Technical Support (OTS), Gaming Support and senior members of staff.
• Escalating to the IT Operations Manager or Senior Operations Engineer if work is delayed or does not go according to plan.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to make and act on decisions when under pressure.
• Self managed with ability to work unsupervised.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with high attention to detail.
• Concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Quick learner.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.