Management Information Systems Support Engineer
Position Ref: MISSE1218BW
January 25, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages
The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is looking for a Management Information Systems Support Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The support team exists to manage and resolve issues with existing information delivery platforms, processes and outputs. This allows the development teams to concentrate on satisfying the increasing demands for management information and providing new requirements into the business. The team is expanding along with its remit and we are looking an enthusiastic and diligent person to join us.
As well as working within the team to provide initial investigation and first fix of any incidents, you will also provide explanation of causes and impact on customers. Working within predefined timescales (SLAs) you must be able to handover the details of your investigation to members of other MIS teams for them to progress the issue to resolution or provide problem management. Documentation of recurring investigation forms part of the role.
• Identifying and explaining why specific data has been returned by a business process by using a variety of techniques on a number of disparate technologies.
• Investigating failures in process (typically SQL agent jobs).
• Analysing and interpreting a wide range of different data relating to customer accounts, betting slips, banking transactions and gaming.
• Communicating with many departments within bet365.
• Documenting incidents and contributing to the team’s knowledge base.
• Using the ticketing systems for incident management and resolution.
• Implementing ITIL practices for IT Service Management to ensure we meet the needs of bet365.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Commercial experience of SQL Server 2008 R2 (or later)
• Good written T-SQL
• Troubleshoot SQL Server 2008 (or later) SQL agent
• Analytical and methodical approach to investigation
• Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to document solutions such that it can be used by another team member
• Ability to work on multiple streams of work and change focus quickly
• Work to deadlines and SLAs for completion or escalation of tasks
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Commercial database development or MIS experience using SQL Server 2008 R2 (or later)
• Ability to perform troubleshooting of SSIS packages and SSRS reports
• Understanding or experience of the gambling industry or financial accounting
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Educated to degree level or equivalent or relevant commercial experience.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference MISSE1218BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.