Management Information Systems Developer, Microstrategy
Position Ref: MISDM1118BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is looking for a Management Information Systems Developer, Microstrategy to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Providing information to support all areas of the business, MIS is a dedicated and reactive team of developers and analysts who use a multitude of technologies and mechanisms for this.
The MIS department exists to develop the reports and analytical capability within the Microstrategy suite of products. We are also responsible for the maintenance of the MIS systems and, if necessary, providing out of hours support.
• Designing, developing and testing business facing reports in Microstrategy.
• Translating business requirement specifications into finished Microstrategy solutions.
• Developing an intimate and detailed knowledge of the business data and KPIs.
• Developing reports using Microstrategy Developer/Architect tool set across all of the Microstrategy report services features including complex metrics, prompts, relationship filters, templates, custom groups, consolidations and visual Insight.
• Analysing and troubleshooting poorly performing queries/reports/procedures/batch jobs etc.
• Developing solutions in line with departmental standards, adhering to the development process.
• Managing Windows servers hosting of the Microstrategy Intelligence server product set.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial development experience with Microstrategy or a willingness and ability to rapidly cross train to Microstrategy from a similar product such as SAP Business Objects, Cognos or Oracle BI.
• Working with complex business models and very large tables.
• Strong data profiling, visualisation and analysis skills.
• Writing complex SQL queries.
• Technical management of Windows Server and Microstrategy Intelligence Server.
• Excellent business communication skills.
• Analytical thinking
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Microstrategy administration, architecture and security.
• MPP, in memory data analysis products such as Kognitio.
• Database administration.
• Exposure to and practical experience of SQL Server including T-SQL.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.