Junior Production Database Administrator
Position Ref: JPDA0518BW
July 6, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure Department is looking for a Junior Production Database Administrator to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Database team is responsible for supporting bet365 databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and security.
• Quality assessing all UAT and Production releases ensuring bet365 standards are followed and deploying fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the process to completion and ensuring end to end ownership.
• Participating in a shift pattern to provide office cover as determined by bet365 in order to ensure 24/7 support, varying dependent upon prevailing sports.
• Following and improving internal processes to ensure accurate and consistent database processes are carried out for production database requests with support for operational deployments, business intelligence and analytical reporting requirements.
• Contributing to the implementation and maintenance of a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring, ensuring that both software and hardware KPIs are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
• Responding to and resolving ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requests.
• Monitoring, and maintaining activity reporting and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management, enabling a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
• Monitoring, reporting on and maintaining a backup strategy for databases.
• Assisting with the introduction of any future methods or technologies employed by bet365 for varying levels of continuity.
• Assisting with the setup, upgrade and installation of all database servers, ensuring that the correct hardware configuration covering disk, RAID and storage requirements are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
Skills and Attributes
• Strong communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Comfortable presenting project status to other teams and participating in cross functional meetings and working teams.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables with a strong attention for detail.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• IT Infrastructure or Database Management.
• SQL Server database technologies.
• MySQL and Postgres database technologies.
• Experience with systems in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference JPDA0518BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.