Junior Management Information Systems Support Engineer
Position Ref: JMISSE0219BW
March 8, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is looking for an MIS Junior Support Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The support team exists to manage and resolve issues with existing information delivery platforms, processes and outputs including handling communications with the end users. This allows the development teams to concentrate on satisfying the increasing demands for management information and providing new requirements into the business. The team is expanding along with its remit and we are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent person to join us.
You will work within the team to provide initial investigation and first fix of any incidents. You will provide explanation of causes and impact on customers. Working within predefined timescales (SLAs) you must be able to handover the details of your investigation to members of other MIS teams for them to progress the issues to resolution or provide problem management.
• Identifying and explaining why specific data has been returned by a business process by using a variety of techniques on a number of disparate technologies.
• Investigating failures in processes (typically SQL agent jobs).
• Analysing and interpreting a wide range of different data relating to customer accounts, betting slips, banking transactions and gaming.
• Communicating with many departments within bet365.
• Documenting incidents and contributing to the team knowledge base.
• Using the ticketing system for incident management and resolution.
• Following ITIL principles for IT Service Management to ensure we meet the needs of bet365.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Good higher education achievement in a Computing or related STEM discipline or commercial SQL Server 2008 R2 (or later) experience.
• Analytical and methodical approach to investigation.
• Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to document solutions such that it can be used by another team member.
• Ability to work on multiple streams of work and change focus quickly.
• Positive, customer and solution focused attitude.
• Work to deadlines and SLAs for completion or escalation of tasks.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Good T-SQL
• Ability to perform troubleshooting on SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
• Understanding or experience of the gambling industry or financial accounting.
• Microsoft Excel
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.