Junior Information Security Specialist
Position Ref: JISS0519BW
June 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Information Security team is looking for a Junior Information Security Specialist to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The role reports directly into the Information Security Manager and is focused towards ensuring the Information Security of bet365 and its staff.
This is a technical role that will challenge your time management and communication skills along with your development skills and ability to spot security vulnerabilities in code.
• Providing support to the Team Leader and Line Management.
• Manual and automated source code review, especially for ASP.NET and Erlang.
• Manual and automated web application black-box security testing.
• System testing using approved bet365 methodologies.
• Supporting the creation of technical documentation.
• Developing an understanding of the business.
• Liaising with the business to ensure that Information Security requirements within each of the different jurisdictions in which we operate are complied with.
• Security vulnerability analysis/assessment.
• Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalate appropriately.
• Taking an active role in the project process to ensure that Information Security points/matters are considered up front and throughout the project lifecycle.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of Information/Digital Security.
• Understanding of technology functions as they relate to Information Security.
• Basic knowledge of structured methodologies for conducting and reporting Web Application Penetration Testing.
• Examination of packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
• Understanding of automated dynamic and static application security testing tools.
• Understanding of manual security testing to find vulnerabilities to logical issues.
• Basic understanding of developments in security technology and their application
• Basic understanding of industry standard Information Security practices.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Process orientated.
• Pragmatic approach to the administration of governance and risk.
• Appreciation of IT principles.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference JISS0519BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.