Junior Information Security Analyst
Position Ref: JISA0519BW
June 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Information Security team is looking for a Junior Information Security Analyst to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The role reports directly into the Information Security Manager and is focused towards ensuring the Information Security of bet365 and its staff.
This is a technical role that will challenge your time management and communication skills as well as your knowledge of networking, system administration and regulatory requirements.
• System testing using approved bet365 methodologies.
• Undertaking Vulnerability scanning and Penetration testing.
• Understanding of Information Security specific software and how it relates to our environment.
• Undertaking security related investigations/forensic analysis.
• Completing daily security operational processes.
• Creating technical documentation.
• Responding to, and reporting on, system alerts from various monitoring technologies.
• Developing an understanding of the business.
• Liaising with the business to ensure that Information Security requirements within each of the different jurisdictions in which we operate are complied with.
• Providing support to the Team Leader and Line Management.
• Security risk management.
• Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalate appropriately.
• Interfacing with external bodies as necessary.
• Taking an active role in the project process to ensure that Information Security points/matters are considered up front and throughout the project lifecycle.
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
• Understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of Information/Digital Security.
• Understanding of technology functions as they relate to Information Security.
• Ability to understand, analyse and apply policy against existing technical environments and identify gaps.
• Basic understanding of Network Infrastructure and Network Engineering topics.
• Developing practical and pragmatic technical standards and procedures.
• Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
• Basic knowledge of developments in security technology and their application.
• Knowledge of risk management methodologies.
• Basic understanding of industry standard Information Security practices.
• Awareness of PCI DSS current version.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong communication skills/personable.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Process oriented.
• Pragmatic approach to the administration of governance and risk.
• Appreciation of IT principles.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference JISA0519BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.