IT Operations Team Leader
Position Ref: ITOTL1218BW
January 25, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The IT Operations team is looking for an IT Operations Team Leader to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
The role is primarily focused on providing support for the production IT service, comprising all customer facing products and critical internal business systems. Key focus areas include the day to day running of IT Operations, ensuring the team are suitably trained and have all necessary resources and documentation available to them to resolve incidents and problems as quickly as possible.
You will also be discussing ideas to improve the function and help the IT Operations Manager to define the strategy, processes and procedures to run the IT Operations team effectively and efficiently. Working with Infrastructure teams and other departments to ensure that the IT Operations team perform the appropriate role in all collaborative work, e.g. handover of projects into live support, and scheduled IT Service Continuity testing.
• Supervising a team of 5 IT Operations Engineers.
• Training and motivating the team.
• Reviewing work stacks and gaining a detailed understanding of work items and where they are up to.
• Producing and reviewing resource plans and ensuring people are working on what they should.
• Ensuring the department is prepared for peak business times, taking Infrastructure capabilities and on-site team cover into account.
• Reviewing call outs and ensuring handovers are completed.
• Completing operational checks and checking email alerts.
• Attending internal department meetings where required and completing change management reviews.
• Giving input and influencing project activity and meeting agreed deadlines.
• Ensuring all documentation is up to date and fit for purpose.
• Ensuring adherence to agreed change control processes for internal and external stakeholders.
• Holding team meetings where information is distributed, problems are shared and issues are raised.
• Informing stakeholders and management where changes have been made and making them aware of any delays or conflicts in priorities.
• Completing 1-2-1s with engineers where individual issues are reviewed, blockers are removed and expectations are set.
• Completing 1-2-1s with your Line Manager, discussing daily, weekly and monthly tasks along with giving feedback on team issues, performance and observations.
• Coordinating with technical and business stakeholders to plan and schedule high risk maintenance activities.
• Continually reviewing support procedures and infrastructure monitoring configuration.
• Self assessing to understand personal development points and where the team can be working more efficiently.
• Seeking to increase efficiency via automation of manual tasks, reducing complexity and making recommendations to improve customer experience.
• Holding the authority to invoke Service Continuity Plans in response to major incidents.
• Acting as an escalation point for the team and ensuring agreed processes are understood and followed.
• Deputising for the IT Operations Manager in his absence.
• Engineering where time allows and team duties are fulfilled.
Essential Skills, Attributes and Knowledge:
• Ability to think in a pressured environment and react quickly.
• Managing multiple streams of activity and shifting focus regularly.
• Self motivated with good organisational skills.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Good technical documentation skills.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
• High attention to detail.
• Balancing delegation and retaining ownership across all team activities.
• Previous service management experience in IT infrastructure with leadership experience.
• HO, Microsoft and Cisco experience within an enterprise environment.
• Strong communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
• Comfortable participating in cross functional meetings and working teams.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.