Infrastructure Technical Lead
Position Ref: ITL0819BW
September 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Platform Delivery department is looking for an Infrastructure Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Staffordshire.
You will become a part of the Infrastructure and Automation Systems team who are responsible for the design and support of our expanding global server and storage estates underpinning our front end presence, back end processing and data platforms, as well as everything in between.
We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate an in depth technical understanding of these key technical elements and take ownership of new solutions being developed within the team. Working closely with Architects and Senior Management while collaborating with cross domain Technical Leads to ensure designs are in line with broader holistic infrastructure architecture.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, performant Infrastructure utilising agreed technology.
• Providing technical solutions by leveraging your awareness of emerging technologies and understanding their fit.
• Seeking creative and commercially viable ways to leverage open source solutions.
• Owning technical solutions from POC to implementation.
• Using your enthusiasm for technology to help and mentor others within the team.
• Communicating actively on technical issues and solutions both within the team and outside.
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Significant experience and knowledge of Linux (preferably Red Hat derivatives) and Windows operating systems.
• Solid understanding of both traditional and modern storage and backup technologies.
• Demonstrable background in designing and implementing hypervisor platforms (VMWare, HCI).
• Experience of automating infrastructure and infrastructure solutions at scale using tools like Ansible, Foreman, Jenkins.
• Experience of containers technology stack (Kubernetes, CNCF).
• Scripting/development experience; preferably one of more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#.
• Version control management systems experience (Git, SVN, etc.)
Desirable Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Degree level qualifications in a technology related subject.
• Experience in a senior technical role with broad cross domain technology exposure.
• Awareness of PCI DSS current version.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.