Infrastructure Team Leader, Systems Delivery
Position Ref: ITL0319BW
April 19, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Systems Delivery team is looking for an Infrastructure Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Reporting into the Systems Manager, you will be working alongside Infrastructure Managers and Team Leaders in leading an engineering function focused on delivering managed technical works from design to operational. You will be responsible for the Delivery team function, maximising utilisation and productivity while maintaining the highest levels of quality and governance.
• Managing the team resource, ensuring that key responsibilities, staffing levels and on call schedules are maintained while implementing continual improvement.
• Ensuring effective leadership skills through delegation to balance workloads and provide staff development and motivation opportunities.
• Assisting with the interview process, motivating the team, managing performance, conducting regular 1-2-1s, objective alignment, skills development and disciplinary procedure.
• Providing mentoring and coaching to engineers within the team.
• Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and skilled through a skills matrix.
• Ensuring teams have enough resource capacity to deal with the business demands.
• Measuring, managing and maintaining momentum of delivery activity.
• Proactively planning with IT project managers and infrastructure architects for all projects in the PDLC which require infrastructure support.
• Supporting managers and team leaders in the creation of documentation pertinent to the planning, scheduling and execution of none BAU technical works, ensuring appropriate resource availability from the engineering pools.
• Playing a key role in the handover of managed works deliverables into operational routines.
• Liaising with other departmental units requiring infrastructure assistance to completed managed works including escalation and resolution for managed work issues and risks.
• Maintaining and improving lean delivery methods and processes.
• Facilitating stakeholder management and progress reporting.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Demonstrable background in planning, coordinating, scheduling and executing managed technical works.
• Technically strong understanding of modern datacentre technologies and infrastructure systems.
• Ability to add value and alternative views to problem solving bringing disparate groups together.
• Self motivation with drive to succeed and desire to progress to a management path.
• Ability to manage in a pressured environment and pressured situations.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Well organised and skilled in effective time management, people management, coaching, conflict resolution, task allocation, delegation and risk management.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbal in technical and non technical subjects to both a technical and business audience.
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff.
• Pragmatic approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and deliver solutions.
• Experience of modern delivery methodologies.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.