Infrastructure Team Leader, Build
Position Ref: ITLB0419BW
May 3, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Platform Delivery department is looking for an Infrastructure Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be leading a team of skilled engineers responsible for the deployment of all physical assets into our global datacentre estate, datacentre standards and capacity management.
• Managing the team resources and ensuring that key responsibilities, staffing levels and on call schedules are maintained whilst implementing continual improvement.
• Ensuring effective leadership skills through delegation to balance workloads and providing staff with development and motivation opportunities.
• Assisting with the interview process, motivating the team, managing performance, conducting regular 1-2-1s, objective alignment, skill development and following disciplinary procedures.
• Providing mentoring and coaching to engineers within the team.
• Ensuring all staff are appropriately trained and skilled through a skills matrix.
• Ensuring teams have enough resource capacity to meet with business demands.
• Measuring, managing and maintaining momentum of delivery activity.
• Ensuring datacentre standards are maintained and all deployments conform to the defined standards.
• Managing the capacity of the datacentre environment, including management reporting, strategies for growth and maximising existing environments.
• Responsibility for the DCIM platform.
• Acting as an escalation point for 3rd party providers.
• Travelling offshore to ensure that datacentre standards are being adhered to.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Technically strong understanding of modern datacentre technologies and infrastructure systems.
• Ability to manage differing views to problem solving, bringing disparate groups together.
• Self motivation with a drive to success and desire to progress to a management path.
• Ability to manage in a pressured environment.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Well organised and skilled in effective time management, people management, coaching, conflict resolution, task allocation, delegation and risk management.
• Effective communicator, both written and verbally in technical and non technical subjects to both a technical and business audience.
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff.
• Strong presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• HPE, Dell, Supermicro hardware including vendor support toolsets and processes.
• DCIM platforms ideally Nlyte.
• Experience managing a geographically dispersed team.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.