Infrastructure Support Manager
Position Ref: ISM1118BW
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Support Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Staffordshire.
Reporting to the Systems Manager, you will work alongside Infrastructure Managers and Team Leaders in supporting activities pertinent to the planning, scheduling and execution of managed technical works. You will be the liaison between other departmental units in assisting Infrastructure Delivery or other functions to completed managed works across multiple technology domains.
• Working with Systems and Engineering Team Leaders on keeping the level of support issues to a minimum.
• Assigning and integrating issues to support staff, keeping in line with expectation and commitments to the Systems Manager and Team Leaders.
• Actively analysing and understanding trends with build quality issues, particularly in the case where the total number of issues are increasing.
• Liaising with Infrastructure staff to ensure that issues progress with momentum.
• Reporting back to the Infrastructure Managers where potential improvements have been identified.
• Supporting Managers and Team Leaders in the creation of documentation pertinent to the planning, scheduling and execution of none BAU technical works ensuring appropriate resource availability from the engineering pools.
• Liaising between other departmental units requiring infrastructure assistance to complete managed works, including escalation and resolution for managed work issues and risks.
• Implementing day to day management of a progressive methodology to assist the consistent delivery of managed works ensuring quality and consistency.
• Managing squads of focused engineers to deliver classic infrastructure works in expedited deployments.
• Facilitating MI reports and updates including defining and creating measurement KPIs.
• Mentoring and coaching engineers within the team.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Technically strong understanding of modern data centre technologies and infrastructure systems.
• Demonstrable background in planning, coordinating, scheduling and execution of managed technical works.
• Ability to add value and alternative views to problem solving bringing disparate groups together.
• Self motivated technology professional with the drive to succeed and desire to progress to a management path.
• Ability to managed in a pressured environment and pressured situations.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
• Well organised and skilled in effective time management, people management, coaching, conflict resolution, task allocation, delegation and risk management.
• Effective communicator, both verbal and written in technical and non technical subjects to both a technical and business audience.
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff.
• Pragmatic approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and delivery solutions.
• Experience of modern delivery methodologies.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.