Infrastructure Engineer, Systems
Position Ref: INFRS1217BW
December 29, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure Systems team is looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
You will work in a fast paced team that has both operational support and project delivery focus across the global enterprise compute and storage platforms, as well as core infrastructure services. You will be an adaptable, effective and enthusiastic engineer who is willing to take ownership.
• Providing break fix support for enterprise compute and storage systems.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation to support IT infrastructure, architecture and designs.
• Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
• Defining and automating infrastructure system configuration standards and best practices.
• Working package delivery contribution as technical authority for projects from conception to completion.
• Identifying improvements for existing services and systems including integration.
• Designing, configuring and administering of core infrastructure platforms and technologies.
• Creating solution designs and specifications with a focus on simplifications, automation, and use of open source technology as alternatives to commercial products where appropriate.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Effective time management, organising and prioritising work to meet deadlines.
• Actively communicating on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
• Logical approach to solving problems under pressure.
• Linux and Windows system administration and scripting experience (Bash, Python, or Powershell).
• Exposure to configuration management, orchestration and automation tools; such as Ansible.
• Supporting and designing highly available systems.
• Knowledge in some or all of Active Directory, backup, security, networking or virtualisation technology.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Supporting and enterprise environment.
• IT service management principles such as ITIL.
• Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
• Demonstrable experience in the specification, design and selection of vendor solutions.
• Demonstrable experience in technology integration projects.
• Infrastructure architecture and service design experience.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.