Infrastructure Engineer, Systems
Position Ref: IESYS0717BW
September 29, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure Delivery department is looking for a Systems Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family. You will be working within the systems team on both operational and delivery initiatives with a focus on quality and success.
The Systems team defines, manages and maintains enterprise compute and storage platforms ensuring the products are compliant, fit for purpose, and can meet business demand as well as availability requirements.
You will demonstrate a broad understanding of the technical elements of the existing platform and work individually or as part of a delivery team to implement service improvements and new solutions. You will also work in the operational function of the systems team, providing reactive and proactive systems support on a flexible rota basis.
• Developing an in depth understanding of the architecture and operational posture of the systems the teams are responsible for.
• Working with stakeholders and technical staff to develop fit for purpose and simple solutions to problems.
• Assisting in the definition of best practices and standards for systems.
• Keeping up to date with technology trends and advancements.
• Scoping and gathering requirements of new initiatives, defining deliverables and work package creation.
• Assisting with definition of solutions to meet requirements and investigating open source technology as alternatives to commercial products.
• Developing infrastructure automation and monitoring improvements.
• In depth performance troubleshooting and tuning
Proposing and implementing systems enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Solid commercial Linux systems admin/engineering experience.
• Experience of working in an enterprise infrastructure environment.
• Knowledge of configuration management, orchestration and automation tools such as Ansible.
• Exposure to Windows System Administration.
• Knowledge of virtualised environments.
• Self-motivated technology professional with a strong desire to remain immersed in the technical solutions.
• Strong team player.
• Demonstrable in depth knowledge of modern compute and storage technology stacks.
• Ability to think in a pressured environment or situations and react quickly.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Well organised with an ability to manage own time.
• Good understanding of security challenges and best practices.
• Excellent communication and requirements gathering skills with stakeholders and end users.
• Experience supporting and working alongside agile development teams to ensure that they are equipped for success.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP networking (OSI).
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell).
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.