Infrastructure Engineer, Maintenance
Position Ref: IEM1218BW
January 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be joining a team who is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and break fix of all server assets across the bet365 estate. The role encompasses a number of different elements, ensuring that you will gain a broad knowledge of the server hardware and operating systems that underpin the business.
• Operating system and firmware/driver testing and deployment.
• Providing hardware break fix support.
• Deploying software packages.
• Liaising with third party vendors to resolve hardware and software issues.
• Creating and deploying baselines for drivers, firmware and operating system patches.
• Scripting for automation of tasks.
• Creating and maintaining documentation of new and existing processes and procedures.
• Identifying areas of improvement and actively working to resolve them.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Base administration and troubleshooting for Linux RHEL 6/7/CentOS.
• Base administration and troubleshooting for Windows 2008, 2012, and 2016.
• Base understanding of ESXi/VMWare.
• Troubleshooting complex hardware problems to identify root cause
• Ability to communicate issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to create documentation of a high standard use within the team.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Troubleshooting HPe, Dell, Supermicro server hardware.
• Experience of hardware vendor monitoring tools (Dell, OpenManage, HPe Overview).
• Previous working experience in a busy infrastructure function.
• Troubleshooting server hardware to establish root cause.
• Understanding of Automation Concepts; Python/PowerShell.
• Ability to complete basic scripting.
• Troubleshooting operating systems and automation scripts.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.