Infrastructure Engineer, Build
Position Ref: IEB0519BW
Home Based, Dublin
June 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Platform Delivery department is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be based from home and working in a number of datacentres in the Dublin area as well as worldwide travel.
You will be joining the team who are responsible for the installation of all infrastructure assets across the bet365 estate as well as providing hardware break fix support.
• Physical deployment of hardware across datacentres in line with policy standards.
• Deploying assets and supporting infrastructure.
• Providing hardware component replacement to support break fix activities across numerous vendors and technology platforms.
• Travelling worldwide supporting deployment and break fix activities.
• Replacing hardware assets and components to support break fix activity.
• Assisting with troubleshooting complex hardware problems.
• Working with co-location datacentre engineers to ensure “hands and eyes” work is completed to bet365 standards.
• Validating that server builds meet requirements and conform to business and security requirements.
• Ensuring datacentre standards are maintained to documented guidelines.
• Maintaining server and component stock levels.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience working in a similar role within a medium to large environment.
• Base knowledge of Windows, RHEL and ESXi operating systems.
• Knowledge of HPe/Dell/Supermicro supporting/management software.
• Expansive knowledge of server and network hardware.
• Experience of completing hardware component replacements and in depth hardware troubleshooting.
• Ability to manage workloads as work demands change.
• Experience working on large scale server deployments.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference IEB0519BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.