Infrastructure Engineer, Automation
Position Ref: IEA0819BW
September 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Automation team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Automation team is looking to create an outward facing engineering team that seeks out new automation opportunities, solve complex problems focusing on automation, open source technology and simplification of process.
• Owning and maintaining the ecosystem and roadmap for the provisioning and automation toolsets and consuming services.
• Identifying improvements for existing services and systems.
• Work package delivery contribution for projects from conception to completion.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Adaptable, effective and enthusiastic
• Willing to take ownership.
• Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation of work to meet deadlines.
• Logical problem solving approach whilst under pressure.
• Linux and Windows systems administration with scripting experience (bash, Python or Powershell)
• Abstract thinker.
• Active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
• Experience of automating infrastructure solutions using tools such as Ansible, Foreman, Jenkins, Terraform.
• High level understanding of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform services and offerings.
• Version control management systems experience (Git, SVN, etc.).
• Experience with log aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Supporting an enterprise environment.
• IT service management principles such as ITIL.
• Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
• Understanding of CI/CD.
• Demonstrable experience in specification, design and selection of vendor solutions.
• Demonstrable experience of technology integration projects.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.