Infrastructure Architect, Automation
Position Ref: IAA0219BW
May 3, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure Delivery department is looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Infrastructure Delivery is responsible for the design and support of our expanding global computer and network estates underpinning our front end presence, back end processing and data platforms as well as everything in between.
We are looking for an individual to drive an automated approach to infrastructure to keep pace with the growing demands placed on it by product teams.
We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and continue to break new ground in software innovation.
• Advocating and leading technical aspects of Infrastructure automation, bringing together existing infrastructure disciplines.
• Influencing infrastructure platform choices with automation in mind, bringing software development practices to infrastructure teams.
• Designing and implementing automation tools for installations, updates and overall maintenance of infrastructure components and environment.
• Working with a broad range of peers, i.e. management, architects, systems administrators and developers.
• Seeking a creative and commercially viable way to leverage Open Source solutions.
• Owning technical solutions from POC to implementation.
• Using your enthusiasm for technology to help mentor others within the teams.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Broad technical infrastructure experience covering server, storage, networking and security disciplines.
• In depth understanding of a modern platform stack such as OpenStack, VMWare or Kubernetes and affiliated technologies (SDN, monitoring stacks, workflow and security instruments).
• Experience of automating infrastructure and solutions at scale using tools like Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins.
• Development experience preferably with one or more Python, Golang.
• Version control management systems experience (preferable Git).
• Experience of commercial and open source solutions.
• Public Cloud experience.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience in a senior technical lead role.
• Degree level qualification in a technology related subject or industry related experience.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.