Position Ref: DE0319BW
April 19, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Desktop Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The main focus of the role is to ensure that all desktops are patched and maintained to the highest standards ensuring we meet our compliance obligations. You will be responsible for maintaining the desktop OS update sequence in line with vendor cadence and managing the desktop hardware and software asset registers.
• Creating and maintaining patching schedules to ensure vendor security patches are released to all qualifying endpoints within agreed timescales.
• Continually reviewing and managing the desktop OS update cadence.
• Maintaining hardware and software asset registers.
• Providing management information reports as requested.
• Striving to improve service delivery and process within the role.
• Rationalising asset information across disparate data sources.
• Assisting with desktop moves.
• Creating and maintaining process documents pertinent to the role.
• Adhering to any published processes and procedures.
• Adhering to the working practices as outlined in Standard Operation Procedures.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of desktop patching methodology.
• IT experience in a similar role.
• Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent customer service and support skills.
• Good time management and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work without supervision and under pressure.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience with Altiris, Shavlik or other software patching and distribution platforms.
• Maintaining software or hardware asset registers.
• Understanding of the ITIL framework.
• Relevant IT recognised qualifications.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.