Data Warehouse Developer
Position Ref: DWD0219BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
March 22, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Data Warehouse team is seeking a Data Warehouse Developer to join this vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Staffordshire and Manchester.
The Data Warehouse team exists to develop solutions within a MPP environment, providing modelled data to the report development teams. The team is also responsible for the maintenance of the MPP systems and if necessary providing out of hours support.
The team is expanding and we are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent person to join us.
• Developing solutions on the Kognitio database platform.
• Creating and maintaining Linux shell scripts.
• Designing and developing ETL in conjunction with the design governance of the data warehouse architecture.
• Contributing to the data warehouse design and following through to a successful implementation.
• Working alongside other team members on multi developer projects.
• Developing an intimate and detailed knowledge of the business data structures.
• Developing solutions in line with departmental standards, adhering to the development process.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
• Supporting live systems ensuring availability for business users in a timely fashion.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Working knowledge of Database/Data Warehouse design – Kimball methodology.
• Commercial experience of data warehouse implementation.
• Relation theory set based processing.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Data analysis.
• Writing complex SQL queries.
• Unix Shell Scripting.
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Any database administration experience.
• Formal Data Modelling.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference DWD0219BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.