Build and Release Engineer
Position Ref: BRE0719BW
August 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Build and Release team is looking for a Build and Release Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The team is responsible for supporting the delivery on enhancements out of the development teams into the test environments via redeployable packages that will be distributed to the production platform. Automation tools and scripts are heavily used to ensure speed and quality, and maintenance and evolution of this automation is down to the Build and Release team.
You will be supporting the development community on the processes and tools within the Build and Release function allowing enhancements to be released in the optimum time. It is a key focus of bet365 development to leverage the benefit of CI/CD, and the implementation of this across the department is a responsibility of the Build and Release team.
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Commercial Build and Release experience.
• Administering CI servers (Jenkins/CruiseControl/TeamCity/Bamboo).
• Writing and extending build tools (Maven/Nant/Ant/Gradle).
• Good knowledge of SCM systems (Subversion/Git/Mercurial/ClearCase/TFS).
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Self motivation.
• Delivery focused.
• Good knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell/Groovy/Python/Perl/Shell)
Desirable Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• Knowledge of configuration management software (Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt/Vagrant)
• Knowledge of binary/artefact repositories (ProGet/Artifactory/NuGet/Archiva)
• Working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Experience of the online gambling industry.
• Degree in a Computer Science discipline, or relevant professional experience.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference BRE0719BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.