Application Platform Engineer
Position Ref: APEN1218BW
January 25, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for an Application Platform Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be joining a team responsible for the Content Delivery Platform and ongoing provisioning and deployment of services that directly support the bet365 website.
The Application Platform team is also responsible for providing forensic analysis to support production, and route to live applications utilising a variety of specialist tools designed for network packet and application inspection.
• Creating and deploying service configuration utilising our CDN infrastructure including, NetScaler, Varnish, HAProxy and DNS.
• Designing and reviewing of technical proposals in support of new product functionality.
• Identifying caching opportunities and performance optimisations in deployed products utilising the expansive forensics platform.
• Performing application and packet inspection utilising a range of enterprise and open source tooling.
• Assisting development and other infrastructure teams in designing efficient and secure product delivery solutions.
• Identifying opportunities for automation and working with the Technical Leads to put these into place.
• Managing and administrating the global bet365 CDN assets and configuration.
• Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the 24/7 NOC for complex incidents and problems.
• Supporting the Technical Leads in producing and delivering the strategic future for the platform.
• Providing on call and weekend cover on a rota basis.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong understanding of load balancing concepts and how to implement across a multi vendor deployment.
• Strong understanding of web application caching concepts and technologies, with a knowledge of how to implement across multiple technologies (Citrix NetScaler/Varnish).
• Troubleshooting HTTP, TCP applications in a large, enterprise network environment.
• Strong understanding of traditional network routing and switching concepts, as well as firewalls and security technologies.
• Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
• Good understanding of DNS functionality and concepts.
• Exposure to and administration of Linux Operating Systems and applications.
• Excellent communication skills.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience with application and network packer analysis solutions.
• Experience with packet aggregation and traffic distribution technologies.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash, as well as general programming and source control concepts.
• Understanding of change control concepts.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.