Application Platform Engineer
Position Ref: APEN1118BW
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for an Application Platform Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be joining a team responsible for the Content Delivery Platform and ongoing provisioning and deployment of services that directly support the bet365 website.
The Application Platform team are also responsible for several other technologies making this quite a broad and exciting role.
• Monitoring and supporting all assets owned by the Application Platform team.
• Completing daily checks to proactively identify and enhance platform performance and stability.
• Managing BAU including requests received via email, incidents, problems, tasks and walk up.
• Building and supporting testing of new load balancing configuration to aid the deployment of new services while adhering to defined standards.
• Implementing external DNS changes.
• Providing a supporting role to the development teams for functionality enhancement (including project work).
• Troubleshooting and supporting (which can include forensic analysis) for production issues.
• Being aware of touch points where changes to the platforms may have an impact on other dependent services.
• Providing 2nd and 3rd line support for complex incidents and problems, including handling escalated tickers and major incidents.
• Supporting the Technical Leads in delivering the strategic roadmap.
• Providing on call and weekend cover on a rota basis.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong understanding of load balancing concepts and how to implement across multiple technologies (Citrix NetScaler/F5/HAProxy).
• Strong understanding of asset caching and how to implement across multiple technologies (Citrix NetScaler/Varnish).
• Ability to measure the impact of upcoming or proposed changes.
• Troubleshooting in a large (preferably web hosting), network environment.
• Strong networking experience including understanding of traditional Routing and Switching, Firewalls, administration of network hardware and understanding of network infrastructure.
• Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
• Good understanding of DNS functionality and concepts.
• Exposure to and administration of Linux Operating Systems and applications.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
• Working in a structured change management process for highly available enterprise networks.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• Exposure to and administration of WAN Optimisation technologies including Riverbed Steelhead.
• Experience with network forensic and traffic analysis tools (Extrahop, Stealthwatch, OmniPeek) and interpretation of data.
• Experience with packet aggregation and traffic distribution technologies (APCON, IXIA).
• Experience with ELK administration.
• Awareness of PCI DSS current version.
• Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N).
• Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N).
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
• ITIL V3 Foundation.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.